Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Carrier Transicold problems 2000 Ford E350 Goshen Coach Part 2

Carrier Transicold problems 2000 Ford E350 Goshen Coach Part 2

Well I inspected the electric fans on the Carrier Transicold Condenser on my 2000 Ford E350 Goshen Coach and sure enough 1 of the 3 was locked up.  Yesterday I detailed what happened and what I thought was my suspicions.  In my case its the rearward most fan out of the 3 that was locked up. So I pulled it off and it was just packed full of junk I don't know if it's road debris or motor/bushing dust but it was full of it.  I was hoping to take the motor apart to see if I could clean it and oil it up and get the air back going immediately but I couldn't find my torx driver set to extract the electric motor from the fan assembly. Due to the way the system is made the fans pull a vacuum on the back side of the condenser so all three have to be working.  I suppose, and this is what I'm going to do if motor won't come back to life long enough to get a replacement procured for a decent price.  I will make myself a cutout from plywood and block off the 3rd fan in order for the other 2 fans to pull atleast some air across the condenser so that I can have A/C again.


Photobucket

The thing I'm going to need to do is to pull the other 2 fans and take them apart and clean and oil them up as they appear to be quite expensive somewhere over $100.00 ea.  The following is the parts list of the motors from the Carrier Transicold Manual.  1 & 2 I believe are the same part just different numbers and I think this is a complete fan assembly.  3 is for the electric replacement motor for the fan.  And 4 is the little metal clip that holds the fan blade onto the motor.


  1. 54-00618-01 Fan & Motor Assy, Vector, 12V W/Fuse, (No Repl. Motor)
  2. AC401-110    Assembly, Fan, 12 VDC
  3. 54-50080-00 Motor, Fan, 12 VDC
  4. 44-50024-00 Clip, Fan Blade
Link to part 3

1 comment:

  1. You should probably consider doing that if the motor won't come back to life.

    electric motor rewinds

    ReplyDelete