Monday, March 7, 2011

spring cleaning

     Spring is almost here which means my truck is not only in need of an oil change but it's almost warm enough I can stand to go out and clean up the interior of the truck.   It's been a snowy wet soggy winter and the wheelchair tracks and foot prints and gravel that's tracked in on the rubber flooring of the bus are starting to get on my nerves.
     The L tracking on the floor is full of rocks and dirt to where if I were to move the Q-Straint wheelchair tiedown retractors around they would have trouble locking back down.  How many of you do a full wheelchair tiedown everytime you drive around please leave me a comment below. We generally go out everyday and usually load and unload about 3-4 times each. I have to admit we rarely tie down locally.  They say most accidents happen locally which makes sense as that's where most people spend most of their time.  If we get a new vehicle which we are looking at FMI's Honda Element X-WAV we want to get the auto wheelchair locking mechanism.  Does anyone have one that can tell me about them? I've never seen an auto lock in person.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment