Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Braun Millenium Lift

     Truck operated perfectly tonight.  I was digging the sound of the turbo whistle as the motor would wind up. My chief complaint today is the Braun Millenium Lift, which is quite awesome and very strong. The flooring in the truck is plywood, and the lift had a leaking hydraulic cylinder for the first year we owned it, until I replaced the cylinder (see related posting), and the flooring has gotten soft. So when the lift operates it bounces slightly and I think it's losing it's grounding while it's bouncing so the lift does a few quick start stops on the first bit of lifting.  I'm hoping to find the time in the next few weeks to weld some steel under the flooring to the truck frame and rebolt the lift through the heavy steel with some grade 8 bolts and hardware which I'll pick up at Tractor Supply as they sell by the pound and it's the cheapest place I've found to get hardware. Once I've completed that fix it will fix the start/stopping when the lift bounces I'm sure.

1 comment: