Friday, March 11, 2011

Illinois Governor Pat Quinn proposes to cut Illinois Circuit Breaker Program

According to: http://www.cbrx.il.gov/
"The Illinois Department on Aging's Circuit Breaker program provides grants to senior citizens and persons with disabilities to help them reduce the impact of taxes and prescription medications on their lives. When the costs of property taxes and prescription medicines begin to "overload" our seniors and persons with disabilities, this program steps in to help, just as a circuit breaker prevents overloads in an electrical system."
 Our lovely (and I use that term VERY loosely) Governor is at it again. *Insert eye roll here*

It just upsets me that he's decided to go after so many people that rely on funding like this and other things that are being done away with or are taking a BIG cut. You better believe that he and his cronies are still getting paid though....

I found out about this program last year and through it was able to get a discount on the license plate sticker for my car and found out that I can get free rides on public transit buses if I need to. This coming year, I would be eligible to get the money back that I paid the skilled care facility that I currently reside at (if the program is still around). Trust me, that's a good chunk of change that would come in quite handy.

What is our government thinking? Why go after the disabled? Haven't they had enough taken from them already? Is it not enough that they can't do everyday things like they want? I'd love to be able to work, but can't. I'd love to be able to do a lot of things, but I'm disabled and can't at this time. I rely HEAVILY on my Social Security check and I don't know what I'll do if they cut that.
www.thesouthern.com


Written by

Sarah Wright

1 comment:

  1. Why allow the rapists and killers sit in prison for life (because Quinn has now abolished the death penalty) where they can get 3 square meals a day and the opportunity to exercise if they want it?

    A lot of disabled people do good to get one meal a day and depending on insurance they may or may not get the opportunity to get therapy or the exercise that they could really use. These disabled people are in a prison of their own and the Governor doesn't seem to care.

    ReplyDelete