Sunday, April 8, 2012

upcoming Ford E350 Wheelchair Truck Maintenance, Walt Disney World Trip Baby!

Well we are T minus 3 weeks until we are leaving for Walt Disney World in our 2000 Ford E350 7.3 Liter Turbo Charged Powerstroke diesel powered cutaway bus pulling our 30 foot 2005 Campmaster toy hauler aka our wheelchair accessible home away from home.

Charlie our Merle Great Dane sporting our latest Mickey Ears!


I just started ordering the consumables we will need for our trip, 2 new Motorcraft FA-1618 air filters. Then it's off to Walmart to round up 4 gallons of Rotella 15w40 Motor oil and an FL-1995 oil filter. Stuff I wish I had done but won't is I have a Gulf Coast bypass oil filter that I have meant to install but haven't (I have the one that holds a roll of paper towells, a serious depth filter).

I recently purchased a friction sway controller to mount on the hitch I'm really hoping it's a more pleasant pulling experience this time, as our truck and trailer combined length is 53' of all wall without the benefit of large truck drivetrain.

 Our Travelling Rig all hitched up September 2011 when we went down to trick or treat the Magic Kingdom

I do believe the biggest problem is we don't travel with any "toys" in our toy hauler so the weight is off, combined with the large overhang off the real dually wheels and you can see this thing is scary fun when a semi blasts by you... the only redemption is this truck is wicked powerful With the 7.3 Liter Turbo Charged International Powerstroke Diesel and if you want you can stay ahead of the semis or match their speed some... Anyway we are looking forward to our upcoming trip, I just purchased my rain ponchos off ebay (to save on the ones they sell in the park) Don't think I'm wishing for rain, I'm not, it's just that it rains some almost everyday in Central Florida.

One thing we are planning on doing while in the Orlando region is we want to maybe talk to a realtor about moving down there in the not so distant future.  I'm at a toss up atm about living in the city near dr's offices which we tend to go out for the most.... or living in the country and having about 5 acres of land.... We've allready decided after modifying our house here for wheelchair access that a modified house is not suitable for wheelchair access it's just managable, not the best of living.  I got my eye on an 80'x40' steel building package which I will make half a garage rv storage and half a house, with mostly open space.  This housing choice can easily pass the wind load requirements for Central Florida, plus have the cheapest per square foot building cost.

Please leave me some comments if you have handicapped housing you like or information on how you maintain your wheelchair vehicle.  I will say our truck is 12-13 years old and diesel is expensive but the main motor is the least of my worries when I travel as it's a tough beast... now I've put on 2 a/c compressors and an alternator and a starter on the machine (hey you can't have everything) but the truck through it's ex fleet appearance and noise level can't be beat for reliability. (Please read some of my other posts on this truck, I have made a large number of them.)

3 comments:

  1. Gals are actually foolish on the subject of lessen variant services. chanel replica sale Gucci wholesale handbags our warmer tempuratures the hot months are actually recognised as for the variety not to mention peaceful information. The whole set of gals definitely will foolish to fix it. chanel replica sale Gucci billfolds prefer Gucci adult males billfolds not to mention Gucci gals billfolds will be form through develop and extremely widely used. louis vuitton replica sale And maybe they are well-known considering that typical design and style from Gucci label. chanel replica sale Gucci creative logo are generally realized for ones supports out of all the Gucci obtains prefer Gucci wholesale handbags, Gucci wholesale handbags our warmer tempuratures the hot months, chanel replica sale Gucci 70s Structure Boston Pouch Beige Ebony Pied-de-poule Clothes for the reason that the right way for the reason that various Gucci obtains and so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone are the days when they will scan for the nearby radio stations to mind climate and movement. Truck Electrics UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. This L demonstrate was an aggregate update for International and it spent an incredible $30 million to patch up the plants to create it in Fort Wayne, Springfield and Indianapolis.jual alat berat china

    ReplyDelete